SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT POLICY
Sustainable development of social, environmental and economic aspects meets the needs of the present, without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
CGTE has adopted a sustainable management system and has signed up to comply with the principles of sustainable development envisaged by the international standard ISO 20121 “Eventi Sostenibili / Event sustainability management systems”.
The field of application of the implemented management system is: DESIGN AND RENTAL OF SOLUTIONS IN THE CONTEXT OF SUSTAINABLE EVENTS RELATING TO ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS, TEMPERATURE CONTROL, and LIGHTING SYSTEMS.
CGTE understands sustainable development as an opportunity for economic growth, and valorisation of the company and the people who work there with the full satisfaction of customers and all stakeholders.
This is why the Management is committed to supporting customers/clients in achieving sustainability objectives, creating a virtuous circle of good practices, strengthening the reputation and relationships with the main stakeholders and transparently demonstrating the quality of its actions.
THE PRINCIPLES OF SUSTAINABILITY
on which CGTE’s activities are based are:
The consideration/participation of all stakeholders, without any exclusion, to guarantee accessibility to the event for all those who wish to participate. To this end, the company takes into account the fundamental principle of universal accessibility, as stated in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
From a social, environmental and economic point of view through the application of the management system for sustainable development and compliance with the laws and regulations applicable to the activities, including those supporting them, forming an integral part of the event.
Compliance with the company code of ethics by our staff and adequate commitments towards suppliers and other interested parties.
Sharing information and experiences with interested parties, taking on board their feedback and adequate communications regarding the actions taken.
The evaluation of what our contribution in managing sustainable events will leave as a legacy.
Continuous improvement through specific sustainability objectives
The sustainable development policy involves the evaluation of the Economic, Social and Environmental impacts of the activity carried out by CGTE in the supply of equipment for the management of sustainable events.
- ECONOMIC – Create value for the participants and stakeholders involved, promoting the sustainable development of the territory and local realities.
- SOCIAL – Raise awareness of the values of sustainable development, promoting ethical behaviour and offering inclusive opportunities for cultural study.
- ENVIRONMENTAL – Monitor the environmental impacts of our activities, to reduce the negative ones and optimize the positive ones, in cooperation with the event organizers.
For the development of the CGTE policy it also evaluated:
- The indications of the international standard ISO 20121;
- The organizational impact of the implications on its management system;
- The opinion of the main stakeholders involved in the implementation of the projects;
- The legal requirements and other requirements relating to the sustainable event management system.
CGTE IS THEREFORE COMMITTED TO:
- Respect the fundamental principles of sustainable development and contribute to the achievement of the objectives indicated by the United Nations (UN SDG - Sustainable Development Goals)
- Manage activities on the principles and values already listed above (Transparency, Integrity, Inclusivity, Participation, Accessibility, Legacy, Responsible Management, Continuous Improvement)
- Raise awareness and involve all stakeholders on the topic of environmental, social and economic sustainability
- Promote to customers the most environmentally and community-friendly way of managing events
- Minimize consumption and waste production in event management
- Better manage natural resources
- Direct your suppliers towards sustainable choices and behaviours
- Improve the direct and indirect impact on the local economic fabric
- Ensure compliance with current regulations regarding the environment, health, safety and work
The policy is implemented through a specific action plan in order to promote the effective and lasting reduction of environmental and social impacts in the supply of event management equipment.